Chichi.ca project: Day 17
Today, I received a package from New Directions Aromatics.
Even though I paid for this, it was like a surprise gift to me.
So…Chichi’s expenses are:
- Coconut oil (5L)
- Mango Butter (1kg)
- Avocado Butter (1kg)
- Grapefruit Seed Extract Preservative – helps oil from rancid
And… some fun additions to Chichi’s Fun & Fancy soap line.
- Lab colours (Lime and Canary)
- Fragrance oils (picture below)
I think choosing suppliers is a big part of running a business successfully, especially for a tiny company like Chichi.ca.
Of course, everything is cheaper when you buy things in bulk, but I have to consider the shipping cost, expiry date of the materials, the amount I need, etc., in order to keep my soap price as reasonable as possible.
The other suppliers I often make purchases from (other than New Directions Aromatics) are:
- Voyageur Soap and Candle Co. (They have a big selection of surfactants)
- Windy Point Soap Making Supplies (They offer free shipping to anywhere in Canada when you buy more than $125)
- Saffire Blue inc. (So far, this is the cheapest place to buy sodium hydroxide)
No U.S. suppliers, at least for now… 😦